Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Side Dish Tuesday


Wow can you believe it the season is over and what can I say about how I feel? Is it cliff hanger or hanging over a cliff (or down right gone over)?  I believe we now have the entire summer to now recover from this, and September will be here sooner than we know.  




I actually realized I left you hanging yesterday, and amazingly simple meal and nothing to accompany it, what was I thinking.  Okay I see the Seal death look I am getting from McG, okay I said sorry.  Let me remedy this situation right now before there is any water-boarding involved.  

The side dish is just as simple, these vegetables are fresh tasting with a fresh lemon taste that can accompany anything.  Just arrange these vegetables attractively on a platter with a chicken under a brick, simply fabulous. 





Grilled Vegetables


2 garlic cloves, minced 
2 Tbs. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley 
3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice 
1 tsp. salt 
Freshly ground pepper, to taste 
1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 
6 small tomatoes, halved crosswise 
2 Asian eggplant, cut diagonally into
1⁄2-inch slices 
3 zucchini, cut into 
1⁄2-inch rounds
Lemon wedges for serving (optional)





  1. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper, then whisk in the olive oil. Put the tomato halves in a shallow bowl and gently coat  with 1⁄4 cup of the olive oil mixture. Reserve the remaining mixture.
  2. Preheat grill on medium-high heat, lightly oil the grill.  In batches, start grilling the vegetable slices (place the tomatoes cut sides down) and grill until the vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side. 
  3. Transfer to a platter, drizzle with the reserved olive oil mixture and garnish with lemon wedges.




No comments:

Post a Comment