Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Miscellaneous Wednesday

What is it that they say, if  you fall off a bike, you need to get back up and right back on.  Over the past few days I believe I have done that, since the lady who inspired all this has passed away.  The last thing she would have me do is sit and wallow in tears,  as my friend said to me yesterday she would yell my name with a slight high pitch "CHERYL " snap out of it.  It is ok I lived a good life and shared so much, now you continue to do the same.  So I hope I can live up to a really great lady, wish evn more that you all could have known her, cause she was a character.  


Loss, especially of one so very close to you would seem to be the worst kind of loss, though it is only days, since my grandma has passed, I find it truly hard to believe that  I could ever move on.  I bet I am not alone, it is something we shall never get over, as much as it is something we have to get through.  Gram was that rock, she was everyone's grandmother, her home was yours, most of all her kitchen was always open to you.  Though her feet were not large, the shoes she wore I am not sure can ever truly be filled.  But I am so
grateful for everything she has shared with me, and I hope I can share just a tenth of that with anyone, I just may do her justice.  So today I raise a toast to an amazing lady, and the world's best grandmother.  Gracie, I will miss you, but you will forever live in everything I do.

The following has always been my favorite soup and grandma always made it to make me me feel better.  I thought I would share it with you today.

ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP

1/2 lb. meat loaf mix (ground beef and pork) 
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 cup milk  
2 1/2 quarts chicken broth
2 cups spinach - packed, rinsed and thinly sliced
1 cup small pasta 
3/4 cup diced carrots

  1. Combine the ingredients above. Form small 1/2 inch balls and set aside. 
  2. In a large stockpot heat chicken broth to boiling; stir in the spinach, pasta, carrot and meatballs. Return to boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, at a slow boil for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente, and meatballs are no longer pink inside. Serve hot with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment