Once I would finish then the best part, ordering my breakfast, getting to sit by the water and just enjoy the view.
My favorite breakfast, that is easy the local favorite, Loco Moco. To quote one Kensi Blye, separately delicious, together amazing. Then again the breakfast company isn't bad either. But the twist that I enjoyed was having it with fried rice, one word I would choose to describe it AWESOME!!
Now of course the other special treat I also had was surfer's rice with and egg. So why bring this up, because if I can re-create the rice, then the rest should be easy..... So forgive a New York take on this Hawaiian treat.
4 cups cooked white rice
|Picture courtesy of Deb (@mickmcgarrett) girl you rocked this recipe!|
3 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/4 lb Portuguese sausage, diced
1/4 lb ham, diced
1/4 lb bacon, thick cut, diced
(optional for Hawaiian authenticity dice up some Spam)
1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup green peas, frozen
3 tbs. green onion or chives chopped
Black pepper (to taste)
- Dice sausage, ham, bacon and optional canned meat. In a pan fry bacon and sausage then remove, drain & set aside. Brown ham and Spam if using, remove and set aside.
- Scramble eggs, cook scrambled eggs, breaking apart in to bite-sized pieces, then set aside.
- Pour oil into fry pan, add pepper, saute, add rice toss, then add soy sauce and oyster sauce, and then peas. Mix rice until it is evenly coated.
- Add in bacon, ham, sausage, scrambled eggs, and green onion/chives.
- Great with just an egg served on top.
1 lb ground beef
salt and pepper
1/4 cup of onions, grated
1 can Beef Broth
1 Tbsp of butter
couple of dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- Combine ground beef, salt, pepper and grated onion together in a bowl. Form ground beef into 4 patties of your desired thickness.
- Grill or fry patties until cooked, place the patties on a plate and leave them on the side.
- Make the gravy, using the same pan and juices from the burgers, 2 Tbsp of flour and 2 Tbsp of butter until blended then add the broth and Worcestershire sauce to taste. Bring to boil then reduce the heat and let it sit until ready to use.
- Cook your eggs as you like, in a regular loco moco, the eggs are sunny side up.
- To assemble place your rice on the dish, your patty, place the a top the burger then pour gravy on top....ENJOY