hopefully we are headed for another great experience today. Great plan great meal idea everything looks good to go... Oh wait we are missing something, Steven McGarrett, can please get your butt out of bed we have things to do! Really of all days to sleep in, come on dude I have plans. Now can you take one of those famous Navy 3 minute showers and put a move on it sailor!
While we wait, today is going to be an outdoor day. The plan is for a hike but before we start for the outdoors we are so going to need a descent meal for lunch. Lets face it all that activity, a nice meal with an amazing view hanging with a friend can't be all bad, right?
Steve now that you are back lets get to it. This is going to be good you need a meal that travels well, can handle being in the sun. It has to taste good, yet not weigh down for the hike back. The best part is you can have it and most of the components prepared ahead of time, then just thrown together when you are walking out the door. Unless, of course you work weird hours and over sleep when your coach shows up and throw everything awry.
For today's meal you have a healthy snack, great wrap, salad, and even a sweet treat for dessert.
- Heat oven to 300°F. In large bowl, mix oats, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil, agave and granulated sugar to simmering, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in rum. Pour hot liquid over oat mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Spread in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 30 minutes.
- Stir granola to break apart. Stir in all the fruit, store tightly covered.
Mango & Mixed Greens Salad
- In a small bowl, mix vegetable oil, vinegar, and honey. Set aside.
- In a 10-inch skillet, melt butter until sizzling and add pecans. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until pecans are golden brown. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, place pecans, salad greens, mango, bell pepper, and celery.
- Add dressing and toss to coat well.
- Heat grill or grill pan then season mushroom caps and onions, with salt and ground black pepper. Grill or broil mushroom caps and onions 8 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Lay wrap, sprinkle with balsamic, layer with lettuce, basil, cheese, roasted pepper, onion and mushroom sprinkle with balsamic. Then roll wrap up.
3/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 - tsp Salt
1-1/2 - cups uncooked quick-cooking Oats
1 - cup Peanut Butter chips
1 - cup milk or real semi-sweet Chocolate chips**
1 - cup coarsely chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and sugar. Beat at medium speed, until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour, baking soda and salt. Beat until well mixed.
- Add oats and mix well. Stir in peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and walnuts by hand. Press dough evenly into ungreased 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely and cut into bars.
yeah well I can be forward at times. Definitely this is impressive anytime, but carries well on any trip. Even if that trip includes some physical activity to get to the meal. Hey I am all about the meal, we may even be converting Steve time will tell.