Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Miscellaneous Wednesday

Okay it would appear I need to get myself ready for a little trip, one near and dear to my heart.  Yes I venture further on my little journey, and actually travel to Hawaii tomorrow.  

So as I think about the fun that will await me, today I still have a dilemma, finish getting ready for my trip and dinner.  Yeah I know order out, but life can be crazy all the time, so a quick and easy recipe maybe what the doctor (or commander depending on the show ordered.  



So when you do find yourself coming home to a starving family, or an elite task force this could help you satisfy them in under an hour.



Simple Chicken Cordon Bleu

4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 Slices of Ham (of your choice I love Virginia ham for this)
4 Slices of swiss cheese
Italian Bread Crumbs
1-2 tsp dijon mustard (optional)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or oil an 8×8 baking dish. 
  2. Then with a mallet pound chicken breasts out to 1/4 - 1/2 an inch thick. On each breast, place a slice of ham and swiss cheese . Then roll each breast tightly and place in baking dish, seam side down (a toothpick also works well). 
  3. Brush each roll lightly with a little mustard, then sprinkle with crumbs on top of each one.  Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes and the cheese will be bubbly.   
I hope you enjoy this quick simple recipe, and that it will hold you all till my return.  I hope I will find all new inspiration while on my travels.  Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment