Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 4 Recipe Journey (4 days till the Super Bowl)


 Look at this day 4 of the recipe journey and I realize the Super Bowl is nearing so maybe I should inspire and party at the same time.  Lets see if I have it in me?  If you are having a party you need to remember that you have to make it special, memorable, and you want to enjoy it. Everyone else should not be enjoying the game and your in the kitchen!!!

OK that said lets start with a simple dip,something special, has a kick and is damn good.   Inspiration for this, oh that would be the lady herself Officer Kono Kalakaua, she is a simple natural beauty, tough, funny, spicy, and guys she can basically knock you on your ass.  So the dip I chose I believe equals her in every way.  A dip that I have simply named "The Kalakaua", befitting the girl who's got some game.  The best part it is simple to put together, tastes great, and impress at the same time.  So mix some up kick back and enjoy the game.








The Kalakaua

  • Jar Pineapple Habanero Salsa
  • 1-8oz block cream cheese softened
  • chips 
  1. Mix salsa and cream cheese till well blended, serve with chips, fresh vegetables
Note: If you are afraid of crazy hot, the cream cheese will soften the blow.  But if you want to change it up make it your own substitute your favorite funky salsa to mix and claim it for your own,

2 comments: