Steve it is time to create your side dish ('Ao'ao Pa, ipu) to accompany those ribs you made. As a man of many skills you are tasked with two dishes, lets see what you can do with them. Knowing you are not the biggest fried food hound, think Malasada, I'll try a little healthier just for you.
Nothing is more simple and accompanies ribs better than corn on the cob and slaw. The following two recipes are perfect they are tasty, okay not exactly the Malasada, but guaranteed no regrets. So come on Steve lets get cooking!
Hao Manamana Kulina (Grill Corn)
4 tablespoons of butter
4 loosely packed tablespoons fresh Cilantro, minced
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Husks, corn and wash the ear in cold water.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium low heat. Chop the cilantro and add along with lime juice. Turn off.
- Place corn on grill brush with cilantro lime butter. Close the lid and grill over direct heat for about 4-5 minutes until some of the kernels are golden, but not burnt. Brush ears give a 1/4 turn and continue until you have done all four sides.
- Serve with lime wedges, butter and salt.
1/3 cup dry roasted salted macadamia nuts, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the cabbage, carrots, celery, dates and pineapple.
- Mix in the yogurt and vinegar
- Before serving, mix in the nuts