When you find yourself back to work with the team on Monday, working hard, you know life is good. Of course there are life's ups and downs we all have them, but when it is said and done you can count on your friends to get you through and have your back. There is something though about a Monday and getting back in the groove, the day just doesn't seem to end. Just remember it is all good brah, cause you are just happy to be there.
So as the day goes on and the team has finally collared the bad guys, you all have a reason to celebrate. Though it is late and you all are starving and haven't eaten much all day. It does call for a meal maybe one on the lighter side. So tell you what Kelela will throw something special on for you.
Now it is late and late calls for something different, now you guys might step back a bit while I make a very special frittata for you. Yes I said frittata, and I promise I won't burn down the house (so it should cut down on McGarrett's nightmares). This creamy concoction is delectable and served with a nice salad is a light late night meal. So I hope our ohana enjoy
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 cups thinly sliced shallots
6 large thinly sliced cloves garlic
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Preheat broiler. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk eggs with sour cream and cheese and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a large oven-proof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and thyme and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms and heat over medium-low heat. Cook until the bottom begins to set, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer frying pan to oven and broil about 2 minutes or until top is cooked through. Remove pan from oven and top eggs with chives.
** You may use any vegetable you have on hand as well as any cheese. Milk can be substituted for sour cream, but the frittata won't be as creamy. The best thing about a late-night meal is that you use the ingredients that you have on hand and you make due by improvising by what is in the pantry. **