So as work may have you pinned down and driving you crazy. Even though you know your mind should be on work you guys are already discussing your plans for tonight's festivities.
You may be running around just to get everything accomplished today just to get an early jump on the weekend. But be well assured nothing will take place without you there cause your friends have your back.
Oh with season ending cliffhangers our drinks this week are inspired by just that I hope you enjoy!
2.5 fl. oz. of Pepper Vodka
1.5 fl. oz. of triple sec
1.0 fl. oz. of Lime Cordial
Twist of Lime
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with the ice, shake,
- Strain into a martini glass, garnish with a Twist of Lime.
1 cup watermelon chunks, pureed in the blender and strained (makes about 1/3 cup)
2 oz light tequila
1 oz lemon simple syrup (recipe to follow)
1 oz lime juice
1 oz triple sec
- Fill a chilled glass with ice. Pour everything, except the soda, into the glass and stir to chill.
- Add soda and stir again. Squeeze the lime on top and drop into the glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
Lemon Simple Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, combine the 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the syrup into a heatproof bowl and let cool to room temperature, then stir in 1 1/2 cups of fresh lemon juice.
- You may make ahead, the syrup keeps indefinitely.
These crispy spring rolls are enjoyed by everyone and make a perfect evening snack choice to entice your families and guests.
1 package Lumpia wrappers (25 sheets); Chinese spring roll wrappers
2 lbs ground pork
5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- With a serrated knife, cut the square lumpia wrappers in half to make two stacks of rectangular wrappers. Place a damp paper towel over the wrappers to keep them from drying out as you work.
- Combine the pork, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, eggs, and black pepper in a large bowl. Using your hands, or a rubber spatula, mix the filling well so that the seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Place one of the rectangular wrappers vertically on your work surface with the short edge facing you. Place a heaping teaspoon of the filling on the wrapper about half an inch from the edge closest to you. Grasp the bottom edge of the wrapper and roll it up and over the filling, continuing to roll until 2 inches of wrapper remain.
- Moisten the last 2 inches of wrapper with your fingers. Finish rolling the lumpia, then rest it on its seam. Continue rolling with the rest of the filling and lumpia wrappers.
- At this point, you can freeze your rolled lumpia if you wish by placing them in freezer bags and then into your freezer.
- To cook the lumpia, fill a large frying pan with about 1/2-inch of vegetable oil. Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Gently place the lumpia into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes total (if frying frozen lumpia, it will take 1 to 2 minutes longer).
- Then drain on paper towel serve with chili sauce.
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1tsp grated fresh ginger
3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp water
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/8-inch-wide strips; place in shallow glass dish.
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Add water to remaining mixture. Pour over chicken; toss to coat well. Cover; marinate in refrigerator at least 30 mins or up to 2 hours, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers 20 minutes in cold water, prepare grill for direct grilling.
- Drain chicken; reserve marinade. Weave 3 to 4 chicken strips accordion style onto each skewer, Brush chicken with reserve marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
- Place skewers on grid. Grill on uncovered grill over medium-hot 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning halfway through grilling time.
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup cold club soda or seltzer
2-2.5 lbs medium king prawns, shelled and deveined
Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Sift flours together in a medium bowl. Add egg and soda water and mix until just combined (batter may be a little lumpy). Allow batter to stand for a few minutes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or wok. Holding prawns by the tails, dip in the batter and allow excess to drain away. Deep-fry prawns until batter is very lightly browned and prawns have turned pink and are cooked through. (Fry the prawns in small batches, so as not to overcrowd the pan.)
- Drain on paper towels.
*Chili and Plum sauce can be found in most Asian food isles of your local supermarkets,