I know this is the reboot edition of the blog, kind of goes nicely with the reboot edition of the H50. This can give a blogger the opportunity to take a bit of a rest, not to mention the ability to reflect on what she has done from February to now. That said today I am taking that philosophy and throwing it out the window. Let's get ready to party for granny's birthday and have some fun.
Grandmothers and roses are much the same.
I have a very special event coming up this weekend my grandmother's 98th birthday. So needed a new easy cake recipe to share, sorry no buttercream in this one, I think Steve might understand.
Now that said we do remember that this team does like a sweet treat, who doesn't? I think this just might satisfy everyone, yes even with it's whipped cream topping. I hope you
1 box yellow cake mix
3 packages instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz size)
4 cups cold milk
1 1/2 tsp coconut extract
8 oz softened cream cheese
20 oz crushed pineapple, well drained
2 cups heavy cream, whipped and sweetened
2 cups toasted flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 2 (13 x 9") baking pans and set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, then pour into prepared pans and bake for 15 minutes or until the cakes test done. Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pudding mixes and milk and coconut extract and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and beat well. Stir in pineapple.
- Spread over the cooled cakes. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. (Yes that simple)