When it comes to kids there is one thing we know, there is one very adorable little monkey that graces us with her presence and makes everyone smile and her dad already running background checks (poor girl).
Though that same dad might even go to extremes for her, even prove that her can cook a little side dish for her to serve along
side her dinner. Even if it is the boss who might be cooking the dinner. Hold that head up Danny, don't let him get to you, just tell him this is old fashion dish, a 1950's throwback that could make their mothers proud.
This recipe is quick and easy, yet it is fresh and not a powder concoction from a box. It can impress whoever you make it for for the smallest to the biggest kid to enjoy. So smile this is all good and I think a little monkey is going to be very very happy.
CREAMY MACARONI & CHEESE
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
Salt and pepper
1 cup milk
3 oz American, Velveeta cheese or any flavor desired
8 oz pasta ( any shape), cooked and drained
- Melt butter over medium heat and stir in flour, making a rue. Add milk with a wire whisk and continue cooking until thickened. Add salt and pepper, then cheese.
- Stir until cheese is completely melted, then pour over over hot pasta and serve.
- Cook corn as directed on bag. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- In large bowl, stir together corn and remaining ingredients except avocado. Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 1 hour. Stir in avocado just before serving.
Italian New Potato Salad
- Cut beans in half if desired. In 2-quart microwavable casserole, place beans, potatoes and water. Cover and microwave on High 10 to 12 minutes, rotating dish 1/2 turn every 4 minutes, until potatoes are tender; drain.
- In large glass or plastic bowl, toss beans, potatoes and dressing. Add onion and olives; toss. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until chilled.