Though when the moment hits and he decides that this Friday is going to be Happy Hour at his place it is time to jump into action. Be advised co-workers unlike movie night this will not be blown off. Do you understand Commander McGarrett and Detective Williams!
So our favorite coroner has come up with a theme for Happy Hour, he is going Mexican, and since we know he can go all out. Kick back and enjoy, now the boys are going to bring the cervezas, so Max is going to mix the margaritas and make the munchies. Max is going a little crazy, he is a coroner so blood orange would make sense, but for you feel free to use any margarita mix of your choice. The best part of a party is to have fun and mix it up, so whether you attempt it from scratch, buy the juice or pick up a mix, Max and I hope you Enjoy!
Koko 'Alani Margarita
- Moisten the outside edges of a rocks glass with a lime wedge.
- Sprinkle a little salt on a small plate and dip the moistened rim in the salt to coat it lightly.
- Fill the glass and a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, simple syrup and blood orange puree and shake vigorously.
- In a blender or food processor, combine orange segments, simple syrup and lemon juice. Puree until smooth.
- Taste and adjust amounts of simple syrup and lemon juice as needed.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar and water and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour into a glass jar and cover, refrigerating until needed.
- Peel and mash avocados in a medium serving bowl. Stir in onion, garlic, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Season mixture with remaining lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Chill for half an hour to blend flavors.
Maki Quesadilla Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees arrange tortilla chips in a single layer on an 11- or 12-inch ovenproof platter, overlapping them slightly.
- In a small saucepan, combine black beans and 1/2 cup salsa. Cook and stir over medium heat just until heated through. Spoon bean mixture over chips. Sprinkle with cheese, roasted red pepper, and jalapeno pepper.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve nachos with desired toppings. Makes 12 servings.