Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 8 Miscellaneous Mondays



As we continue through this journey together, each day will have a theme attached, unless I am totally taken over by some extreme inspiration.  Then I think that I may have to ask for just a latitude, if that is okay with you. So today starts miscellaneous Mondays, ans a healthy breakfast of my twisted creation.


This year I decided to put a twist on the usual holiday fruit cake (since no one ever really eats it) I decided to try a version that they would and would be good for them.  Results, I can not keep enough of my new creation in the house. As for taking my twisted creation and adapting it to H50 was even easier since the tropical twist was a matter of picking up a different package with even better results.

I can totally see hanging out here having some breakfast doing some lip reading trying to figure out who the heck Shelbourne is...  Can't you?  I hope you enjoy this Granola recipe as much as my family served over some yogurt while sitting having breakfast, even as a snack when out jogging.


Victoria Crowne Tropical Granola Mix

4 cups old-fashioned oats  
1 cup walnuts or pecans
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup agave (may use honey)
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp rum (or 1tsp rum extract)
1/2 cup dried pineapple
1/2 dried cranberries
1/2 dried mixed berries
1cup mixed dried tropical fruit (if you can't find any dried fruit mix of your choice)

1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2) In large bowl mix oats, nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg,and salt, and set aside.
3) In a saucepan, heat oil, agave, and sugar to simmering, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.  Remove from heat then stir in rum,   Pour over oat mixture, stir until mixture is moistened.  Then spread in an ungreased cookie sheet.
4) Bake until golden brown about 25-30 minutes.  Stir to break apart, return to bowl, add fruit and blend.  
Let cool and place in an air tight container 
to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment