Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day Main Course Tuesday (and then some)

Happy Tuesday everyone and a very Happy Valentine's Day! Love is in the air and I plan on taking some liberty today given cupid's visit and my desire for the perfect evening.  This meal should be inspired by the people who enjoy it no matter where they are, for it is always the company and what you make of the time together that makes the moment.   Your lips speak soft sweetness.  Your touch a cool caress I am lost in your magic.  My heart beats within your chest I think of you each morning. And dream of you each night I think of your arms being around me.  And cannot express my delight.  Never have I fallen But I am quickly on my way.  You hold a heart in your hands.  That has never before been given away   ~Rex A. Williams 

After another amazing episode of Hawaii 5-0 I could say I was truly inspired by Steve and Catherine as couple for my Valentine blog, they make a great couple.  As he showed up even with drug store chocolate in hand.  Though with such romance that I planned my meal.  If it be a rendezvous or at a black tie party right. 
Then I realized this is my blog and it is Valentines Day and maybe you all wouldn't mind if I might indulge my fantasy for a H50 Valentine's Day Dinner (and Steve McGarrett).  So I hope you enjoy the menu I have chosen with then next few pictures.  If I could have just one wish, would wish to wake up every day to the sound of your breath on my neck, the warmth of your lips on my cheek, the touch of your fingers on my skin, and the feel of your heart beating with mine... Knowing that I could never find that feeling with anyone other than you. - Courtney Kuchta – 




Divine Sunset Shrimp Cocktail
  • 1 1/2 pounds  jumbo shrimp -- precooked or, peeled and deveined, tail on
  • 1 jar prepared cocktail sauce
  • Lemon wedges  
  • Chilled 
    Martini glasses


  1. Place cocktail sauce in bottom of glass
  2. Place shrimp around glass  
  3. Place lemon wedge and serve




Finger Caesar Salad
  • 3 tablespoons (packed) grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 small garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
     garlic
  • 2 cloves, peeled, flattened 
  • 8 1-inch cubes crustless sourdough bread 
  • 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, leaves separated 
  • 6 cherry tomatoes, halved 
  • Parmesan shavings
  1. Whisk in grated Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil.  
  2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add flattened garlic and sauté until golden, about 4 minutes; discard garlic. Add sourdough bread cubes and sauté until golden brown and crisp, about 9 minutes. Transfer bread cubes to paper towels and drain. 
  3. Arrange 4 large romaine lettuce leaves on each of 2 plates. Top each with 4 smaller leaves. Top lettuce with tomatoes.  Drizzle salads with dressing. Top with croutons and Parmesan shavings. Season generously with pepper and serve.





Filet Mignon With Mushroom-Wine Sauce 

  •  1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, divided 
  • 1/8 cup finely chopped shallots 
  •  1/4 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed 
  • 3/4 cups Cabernet Sauvignon or other dry red wine, divided 
  •  1/2 (5-1/4-ounce) can beef consommé, undiluted and divided 
  • Cracked black pepper 
  •  2 (4-ounce) filet mignon steaks (about 1 inch thick) 
  • 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce 
  • 1 teaspoons cornstarch 
  • ½ teaspoon dried thyme 
  • Thyme sprigs (optional) 







1. Melt 1teaspoon butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; sauté for 4 minutes. Add 1/2 wine and 1/2 consommé; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the mushrooms with a slotted spoon; place in a bowl. Increase heat to high; cook wine mixture until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes). Add to mushrooms in bowl; set aside. Wipe pan with a paper towel. 


2. Sprinkle pepper over steaks. Melt 1-1/2 teaspoons butter in pan over medium heat. Add steaks; cook 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place on a platter; keep warm. 


3. Combine soy sauce and cornstarch. Add remaining wine and consommé to skillet; scrape skillet to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Add mushroom mixture, cornstarch mixture, and dried thyme; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve sauce with steaks.







Don't forget the strawberries and fresh whipped cream for dessert, and champagne
throughout the meal.





No comments:

Post a Comment