1/4 cup warm water
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup warm milk
- In a small bowl, soften yeast in water for about 10 minutes. Stir well. In a 2 quart glass, plastic, or ceramic container combine flour, and sugar. Mix thoroughly or flour will lump when milk is added. Slowly stir in milk and dissolved yeast mixture. Cover loosely and let stand at room temperature until bubbly. Consider this day 1 of the 10 day cycle.
- On days 2 through 4 stir with a spoon.
- Day 5 stir and add 1 cup sifted flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk and stir.
- Days 6 thru 9 stir only.
- Day 10 stir and add 1 cup sifted flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk and stir.
- Remove 1 cup and make your first bread, and give one cup to a friend with the recipe. Store the remaining cup in a container in the refrigerator and begin the 10 day process over again. You can also freeze this in 1 cup for later use. Frozen starter take a least 3 hours at room temperature before using.
*** Jana shout girl thanks so much for the idea this one is for you!!!**