As dessert Thursday befalls us I do not know about you but I have been feeling a little down this week, I could use a comfort dessert. I think for me, the best kind of comfort food is chocolate (I hope for you as well).
You know there are a few members of the Five-O task force that have a sweet tooth. What can I say, these are the desserts you may turn to when you are feeling down, or just need a pick-me-up. I think a bite of this dessert will make anyone feel better right away! I can guarantee that this dessert is one that no one including the the big Kahuna will ever spit out of their mouth.
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups butter (melted)
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1-1/2 cups light brown sugar (firmly packed)
4 large eggs
1/4 cup brewed espresso (french roast coffee)
2 tsps vanilla extract
10 cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies (chopped)
4 milk chocolate candy (bars with almonds chopped)
1/2 cup chocolate morsels (dark chocolate morsels)
1/2 cup chocolate morsels (white)
1 cup pecan (pieces toasted)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Coat a 13" x 9" pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, allowing ends to hang over short sides of pan. Coat paper with cooking spray; set pan aside.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add eggs, coffee, and vanilla, beating just until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at medium speed until blended. Stir in sandwich cookie crumbs and remaining 4 ingredients.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack, then cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Carefully invert brownies from pan using overlapping parchment as handles; remove parchment. Invert brownies again onto a cutting board. Cut brownies into squares.