TGIF everyone, I bet Danny and Steve are truly happy the weekend is here. I think they have worked extremely hard battling to bring us some amazing recipes for you culinary pleasure. That and the fact that these two guys have the biggest competitive streak that I know and will challenge each other to anything.
Well boys this is it your final challenge, are you ready for it, I think I have a good one for you. You have a Happy Hour challenge and your secret ingredient is, an orange. Think maybe you can give us drinks and something to eat? So now gentlemen, with an open heart an empty stomach I say unto you, Allez Cuisine!
Steven is up first today oh what can he do with an orange,he has a couple of cocktails for us first let's check them out.
2 oz Canadian whiskey
2 oz bourbon
2 oz apple schnapps
2 oz vodka
2 oz light rum
2 oz triple sec
1 oz grenadine syrup
4 oz orange juice
- Fill a hurricane glass with ice.
- Add ingredients, and shake.
- Garnish with cherry and orange.
2 oz orange liqueur
7 oz orange juice
- Shake with ice and strain into an old-fashioned glass.
Friday night Happy Hour has meant nachos as a food staple, of course there is always a taco, but at a happy hour never anything special. But Steve has a twist here a fresh taco, with a little bit of prep this is great for any Friday night get together. The twist is the amazing salsa that goes with taco could blow you away.
Tilapia Tacos with Apple and Blood Orange Salsa
1 blood orange
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 red onion, chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1/2 tomato, chopped
1/2 honeycrisp apple, chopped
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of fresh lime juice
salt and pepper
4 tilapia fillets
juice of 1/2 lemon
Tortillas of your choosing
- For the salsa chop up all ingredients, combine and mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Add the olive oil, the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Put in in refrigerator to marinate.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil, squeeze lemon over fillets, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tilapia cooks quickly approximately two minutes on each side.
- You are ready to assemble lay the tortilla flat, add lettuce, salsa and fish.
Danny will not be outdone he is coming on hard and fast. He to has a couple of fun cocktails to get the party started off right. We need to taste what he is mixing.
2 oz orange rum
1 oz peach schnapps
4 oz orange juice
2 oz pineapple juice
2 oz cranberry juice
- Blend ingredients with ice. Serve in a tall glass and garnish with a slice of orange.
3 oz orange vodka
3 oz orange liqueur
6 oz orange juice
6 oz cranberry juice
- In a large goblet with ice and stir. Garnish with a slice of orange, and serve.
For many people they are such meat lovers, but if you try a little seafood, you may enjoy it. As for this dish Danny has It takes the essence of our ingredient and just keeps going.
1 Tbsp and 1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp orange marmalade
2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
2 medium green pepper, julienned
2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp and 1 tsp olive oil
1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, marmalade, soy sauce and sesame seeds until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the peppers, onions and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and water chestnuts; stir-fry until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir broth mixture; add to the pan. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice.