Day 5 of this incredible journey into this recipe quest. One of my friends had an idea suggestion the other day. So I have, lets say I quested in reverse, and searched my archives for a twice bake potato recipe.
Though I do love a challenge, and in this quest I took upon myself a large one. I could see the people I wanted for the picture and the words I wanted to use, it were coming together. So now I had the recipe, but had issues finding the exact picture, not so much... That is why friends are so important, Ronnette, love ya girl hooking me up. So Joey this was a true quest that I dedicate to you because instead of starting with just the picture it was the recipe and the hunt for two.. I hope you enjoy.
As for these loaded potatoes please feel free to make them your own, right now they are a decadent mouthful worthy of any Super Bowl party.
- 8 russet large potatoes, poke with fork all over
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of caramelized onions (slice 2 med onions thin sauté in pan with 2tbsp olive oil me/low heat till caramelized approx 20 minutes, can be done up to 3 days ahead of time)
- 1/2 cup of sautéed sliced mushrooms, (use pre-sliced 8-oz pkg sautéed olive oil, cook 5-7 min)
- 1/3 cup of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup of milk
Joe thanks again for the inspiration for this recipe.