Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Miscellaneous Wednesday

What I love about Wednesdays is that it is open to any recipe to post on my blog of my choosing (that is cool).  So we go back in the the blog archive and find another one that received more help and inspiration from some friends.  This recipe was a lot of fun to come up with and find some picture inspiration from the show.   




 Day 5 of this incredible journey into this recipe quest. One of my friends had an idea suggestion the other day.  So I have, lets say I quested in reverse, and searched my archives for a twice bake potato recipe.  



Though I do love a challenge, and in this quest I took upon myself a large one.  I could see the people I wanted for the picture and the words I wanted to use, it were coming together.  So now I had the recipe, but had issues finding the exact picture, not so much...  That is why friends are so important, Ronnette, love ya girl hooking me up.  So Joey this was a true quest that I dedicate to you because instead of starting with just the picture it was the recipe and the hunt for two.. I hope you enjoy.   
  

As for these loaded potatoes please feel free to make them your own, right now they are a decadent mouthful worthy of any Super Bowl party.  

 The Five-O 'ver Loaded Twice Baked Potato 
  • 8 russet large potatoes, poke with fork all over
  • 6 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup of caramelized onions (slice 2 med onions thin sauté in pan with 2tbsp olive oil me/low heat till caramelized approx 20 minutes, can be done up to 3 days ahead of time)
  • 1/2 cup of sautéed sliced mushrooms, (use pre-sliced 8-oz pkg sautéed olive oil, cook 5-7 min)
  • 1/3 cup of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
  • ¼ cup Gorgonzola Cheese
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 6 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled 
  • 3/4 cup of milk
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Wash potatoes, poke them with fork, and place them on a baking sheet and cook for about one hour. Remove, and let them completely cool. Prepare the rest of your ingredients while they cool.
2) Melt two tablespoons of the butter in a microwave; carefully slice the top 1/3 of the potatoes. With a spoon, gently core out each potato, leaving about a quarter inch edge, so skins retain their shape and are firm. Take the mixture, and place it in a large bowl, repeat until all of the potatoes have been cored.
3) Drop oven temperature to 350 degrees.  Add in milk, salt, pepper, and remaining butter. Then with a potato masher, begin to mash potatoes to your desired consistency. At this point stir in cheeses, bacon, and mushrooms.   
4) Return to the oven cook for 10-15minutes until the cheese is bubbling and ready to go. Trust me these are the bomb!

*The cheese can be used in any combination, any type you prefer, add more, add less, own the cheese!! I like the way these 3 play together but you may like your own and change to your liking and taste*

*They can be made in advance up to baking the second time... Enjoy!!*


Joe thanks again for the inspiration for this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment