|Picture by Ellen S.|
To put it mildly I would have to admit my pupil may have hit yesterday's recipe out of the park. Ribs were amazing, and I think Steve may be a little happy with himself. That said this week is still young and there are still days ahead to be tackled and our quarterback has a few plays left to make. Now our Kahuna must contemplate the challenge ahead, the side dish.
Hao Manamana Kulina (Grill Corn)
4 tablespoons of butter
4 loosely packed tablespoons fresh Cilantro, minced
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Husks, corn and wash the ear in cold water.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium low heat. Chop the cilantro and add along with lime juice. Turn off.
- Place corn on grill brush with cilantro lime butter. Close the lid and grill over direct heat for about 4-5 minutes until some of the kernels are golden, but not burnt. Brush ears give a 1/4 turn and continue until you have done all four sides.
- Serve with lime wedges, butter and salt.
1/3 cup dry roasted salted macadamia nuts, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the cabbage, carrots, celery, dates and pineapple.
- Mix in the yogurt and vinegar
- Before serving, mix in the nuts