Yes another Friday has yet again come upon us and what does that mean? It means another Happy Hour Friday recipe, since the last few days have taken a Kamekona inspiration of sorts, I thought I would try to keep it going. Yes this is yet again a rebooted recipe but with what else a familiar theme. This blog was originally posted on March 2, 2012. I do hope you enjoy this flashback, and if you are new to the blog then enjoy it for the first time.
1 cup coconut milk
juice from 3 limes
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup rum
2tbsp fresh minced cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients then toss in shrimp, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour no more than 4 hours. (If shrimp sits longer the lime juice will start to cook it)
- Remove shrimp place on skewers, cook shrimp on prepared grill about 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
3 oz black pepper simple syrup
1.5 oz vodka
3 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- Combine the simple syrup, vodka, and grapefruit juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for about a minute; strain into an ice-filled glass.
To make the black pepper simple syrup:
1/4 cup crushed black peppercorns
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
- Place sugar, water and peppercorns in a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring once or twice. Once sugar is dissolved take off the heat and let cool.
- Leave the peppercorns in the syrup to lend it a stronger flavor; strain them out when it is spiced to taste.