This was originally posted on February 27, 2012.
Today this blog is not inspired as much by a single episode (at least it has not aired yet) as much as by a picture many of us had the pleasure of waking up to Sunday morning. Yes sun, surf, surfboards, oh and Steve and Danny all wet....
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a sauté pan over high heat. Add the onions and pancetta and cook until it is crispy, then to the same pan add the balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp. of the olive oil and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush the romaine with the remaining olive oil, place on the grill cut side down, and quickly sear.
- Serve the lettuce, cut side up, and drizzle the balsamic dressing over the lettuce. Sprinkle with blue cheese and garnish with cracked black pepper.
- Place ribeye steaks in shallow baking dish, combine marinade ingredients and pour over meat, thoroughly coating both sides. Marinate 4-6 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning a couple of times.
- Place steaks on grill and sear both sides. Cook 15 minutes, turning once, or to desired doneness.
- Place fruit on skewers, alternating as you go. Combine sugar and spices and sprinkle over the kabobs; turn kabobs over and repeat.
- About 30 minutes before you are ready to cook the kabobs, make the marinade, and pour over the kabobs. Let marinate for 30 minutes, remove kabobs from marinade.
- Grill until browned and fruit is warmed through, cook for about 4-5 minutes.