|Danny we voted, and your cooking dinner tonight!|
So it looks like his team has nominated him for main dish Monday, no fears Danno you are covered. Cook it and they will come I promise. In fact this fabulous Greek inspired chicken dish, is very simple and easy to grill.
|Is it really that easy?|
|Grilling the kabobs.|
1/4 cup olive oil
2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes
2 large green or red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large onion, quartered and separated into pieces
1/4 cup lemon juice 6 wooden skewers (soaked)
1 clove garlic, minced 12 cherry tomatoes
1 tsp ground cumin 12 fresh mushrooms
1/2 tsp dried thyme 1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper together in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours no longer than 8 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before use.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off excess liquid. Discard the remaining marinade. Alternately thread pieces of the marinated chicken with pieces of bell pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms onto the skewers.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning frequently until nicely browned on all sides, and the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
|A really tatsy treat|
If you make any of the recipes take a picture and share it with me either here or on Twitter @cherylhofmann or by email email@example.com. I will share them here with everyone.