Yes the man himself Kamekona, who would know a shrimp recipe any better than he would. I thought we needed something maybe we could cook up for Father's day and we have a recipe for every taste. Even think there is a birthday tomorrow, now if I can remember the guy's name. Wonder if he might like some shrimp.
So how about we go find the shrimp truck and get cooking, the hardest part of any of these dishes is waiting for them to marinate. Cooking time just takes a few minutes, and the flavors just abound.
All you need now is a few people to serve the dishes up to, depending on their taste or serve it all and have some fun.
Grilled Herb Shrimp
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, small-diced
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup minced fresh basil
1 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup good olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
- Combine all the ingredients and allow them to marinate for 1 hour.
- Skewer the shrimp. about 4-5 shrimp on a skewer.
- Pre-heat the grill, and brush the grill with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking. Grill the shrimp for only 1 1/2 minutes on each side until pink.
Grilled Pineapple Shrimp Skewers
- Juice the limes and orange in a bowl, add the minced garlic, dash of pepper and pineapple juice to the lime/orange juice, whisk briskly. Add 2 Tbsp. cilantro leaves place the shrimp in a bag and pour the marinade over it. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers according to package or use your favorite skewers, alternate shrimp and pineapple pieces.
- Grill over medium until shrimp is pink, serve over jasmine rice and top with remaining fresh cilantro.
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade, add the shrimp, cover, and chill for approximately 3 hours. Meanwhile, combine the spice rub ingredients and set aside.
- To cook preheat the grill, remove the shrimp from the marinade, skewer onto bamboo skewers, and season with a pinch of the spice rub. Grill the shrimp for 2 1/2 minutes on each side.