Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dessert Thursday


I know I have not been around much and my postings have been rather spotty, for that my friends I do apologize.  I know many of my cyber friends have been so supportive of me, sending me love, and so many well wishes.  I just want to say, thank you, you all have made me so very happy, always bringing a smile to my face.  It has been an absolute pleasure to know that you and my friends and family are all part of my life, my ohana always.  

So I thought I would just kind of make it short and sweet today and make it simple for everyone with a tasty dessert.  I guess the boys won't have to wait too long!!! 




Blueberry Cobbler



1 1/2 cups plus 3 Tbsp. flour
3 Tbsp plus 1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
Tbsp chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sour cream
6 cups fresh blueberries 
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp grated lemon zest

  1. Preheat oven to 375°. 
  2. Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, 3 Tbsp sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add butter; using your fingers, incorporate until only pea-size lumps remain. Gently mix in sour cream. 
  3. Knead in bowl until a dough forms, DO NOT OVER MIX  (it will make dough tough).  
  4. Combine 1 cup sugar,  3 Tbsp flour, berries, lemon juice, and zest in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Pour into an square 8x8x2" baking dish or divide in  six 6-oz. ramekins. Drop biscuit topping on to berries. 
  5. Bake cobbler until juices are thick and bubbling and topping is cooked through and deep golden brown, 20–25 minutes for ramekins or 45–50 minutes for baking dish. Let cool for at least 1 hour.


R

No comments:

Post a Comment