Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Miscellaneous Wednesday

A friend told me the other day that she has started to find her love of cooking again through this very blog.  I stopped for a minute and said to myself, really?  How can that even be possible?  Then in honor of that said friend I slapped myself upside the head (yes I know a different show but every so often I just need one).  But I digress here, I believe, in part I keep going on, hopefully to inspire more of you to cook.  Yet, I guess when I hear someone actually say it I am taken back by the compliment, why is that?  


This crazy journey that I started, the one trying to mix my love for a show and cooking then see what I can come up with has been rather unique for me.  Some of the  dishes are more tropical, some more mainland, then I try to find some convoluted way to incorporate the show, it's characters with the food, the recipes, or a story.  

Given the fact that this girl who went to nursing school and has spent the better part of her career hanging and caring for kids .  Just seems to amaze me, that I have some how managed to put full sentences together at times.  Yet here I am trying to continually write my thoughts down in this cyber-sphere.    Let's face facts these two guys are probably still trying to figure out where I am here and going at this.  


I guess that is the point of a journey, sometimes you have a set destination in mind, sometimes you don't.  I know I love to cook, I love to share the idea of cooking, the recipes, and this all started right here.  Maybe I just don't want people to be afraid of the kitchen, or the food.  Maybe just to experience it in a completely new way that may not be as intimidating.  I guess it was an idea to share an easy and fun way we can find common ground and then possibly share a little bit of this journey together.  Besides journeys are more fun if you can bring someone else along, and maybe even see it through their eyes, right?  

What does this have to do with food?  Everything!  Maybe nothing, but let's think about this, who would have ever thought I could keep you coming back all this time, was it really just for the McG and Danno pictures (as delish as they are).  So let's just say there is a chance you may yet venture into the kitchen and wow me with your tales.


Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple


2 16 oz  Pork Tenderloins
2/3 cup pineapple juice
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp red chili flakes or chili powder (optional)
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1" cubes   
  6-8 wooden or metal skewers



  1. Place pork tenderloins in resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, salt, cumin, chili flakes and pepper.  Then pour over pork, re-seal bag; refrigerate for at least 1 hour to marinate, or up to 24 hours to enhance flavor.  Place the pineapple chunks on the skewers.  
  2. Preheat grill to medium-hot. When ready to grill, remove pork from marinade and place on grill. Cook, covered, for about 10 minutes turn cook about another addition 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of pork is 145 degrees Fahrenheit.  Allow the loins to rest for about 3-5 minutes before slicing.  
  3. Meanwhile,  place pineapple skewers on the grill during the last 6 minutes of grilling time, cook approximately 3 minutes a side.  
  4. To serve, slice pork into 1/2-inch slices (medallions) and serve with grilled pineapple. 




No comments:

Post a Comment