So with Labor Day approaching, a lot of us may be firing up our grills, but remember that grill is what you make of it, it is just not for cooking burgers and dogs, and it does not have to be complicated. So I thought I would share something real simple i threw together last night, should have you in front of the television in plenty of time to watch our favorite surfing crime fighters.
Okay I said I was going to make this real easy for you, and yes you can make your pesto from scratch, but there are some great prepared pesto's on the market feel free to use them.
4- large boneless skinless chicken breasts ( sliced in half just make size even)
4 Tbsp pesto
salt and pepper
- Mix pesto with olive oil to thin pesto out, (add about 3 -4 tbsp) then add zest of lemon, and juice of half the lemon.
- In a large plastic bag toss chicken in with marinade and mix around. If you have time, (if you have no time that is fine it can marinate while grill is warming up)let it marinate in the fridge for 2-12 hours.
- Turn on grill, before placing chicken on grill sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, on a med-hot grill, grill until cooked through.
- Serve chicken sliced over the pasta of your choice tossed with pesto, along with some grilled vegetables. there will be nothing left.
- Place basil, walnuts, cheese and garlic in food processor. Start to pulse, then add a little oil, turn on and add a stream of oil till blended.
- Taste for flavor, you may add salt and pepper.