Well did you catch Monday night's episode of H50? All I know is damn, not sure if I have more issues with being on a small craft in the deep sea, or more secure because the Navy Seal/MacGyver is out there with everything almost in hand. Well even if as Danno said he is a "danger magnet", the laughs and excitement were plenty, with much inspiration for a blogger to find.
Lets face it whether looking down at a shark, or the perpetual nagging of your partner your day at sea can go in any direction. Though I have to admit no matter how awry the day can go, some how, some way the bonds of friendship shall always keep you
together and you will manage to survive even the worst of times. It is in those special moments that everything just makes sense, but maybe just maybe that dysfunction is what makes it right.
In my mind what brings it all together is food, have something good to eat and it just seems everybody comes together, and in that space, that moment in time the world round is good.
As always I find that food angle, I am funny that way, what did Kamekona say " you brought me a fish, I created a culinary experience".
I kind find it hard to mess with one man'spoke, but since everyone has their own way of preparing I think I am a little safe. For those of you who may preferred a cooked fish I threw in a recipe for that as well. Sorry I can't be there to prepare it for you, but I guess you won't get a bill in the end like Danno did.
- Combine the soy sauce, chili paste, sesame oil, scallion whites, garlic, ginger and onions in a medium bowl. Toss in the tuna and let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the macadamia nuts. Plate as desired and garnish with the scallion greens.
- Rinse and pat tuna steaks dry. Place zest on top of cutting board. Pile rosemary and parsley leaves on top of zest. Pile garlic and some coarse salt and black pepper or grill seasoning on top of herbs. Finely chop the garlic, herbs, and spices.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the tuna steaks just enough to coat each side. Rub herb and garlic mixture into fish, coating pieces evenly on each side. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Grill tuna steaks 6 minutes on each side or 4 minutes on each side, if you prefer pink tuna at the center. Cook steaks over: high setting on indoor electric grill, grill pan, medium high heat on outdoor gas grill or, 6 inches from hot, prepared charcoal.