without a hitch. Now we start our week with Main Dish Monday and boys will be boys, he needs to rock Danny's world. So after congratulating him on a job well done for last week, now its game on to show off the skills this boy has.
I would tell Steve get in the kitchen and roll up his sleeves, but it's Hawaii who wears long sleeves, yeah I know. So Commander your task, take barbecued ribs, make them juicy, put a Hawaiian twist on it and serve them up for your friends to enjoy. Question is do you take me up on my challenge, or are you looking to go a couple of rounds in the ring instead?
Wrong, this is the easy task and to prove it let me just get you started so you can complete your meal. What is the
best part about the preparation, a slow heat in the oven gets you started with a basic recipe, then use any sauce you like to finish on the grill, or even under the broiler. Today McGarrett wants to go native Hawaiian (can't imagine why) but feel free to use any sauce you like. Once these babies start to cook chill out for a while, take a swim, you have time to kill.
3-31/2 lbs Baby back ribs
salt and pepper (may use Hawaiian Pink salt)
Liquid Smoke (optional)
1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
1/4 cup reduced sodium teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1 clove minced garlic
1 tablespoon firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon minced ginger
4 fresh or canned pineapple slices
- Preheat oven to 325degrees.
- In a roasting pan place ribs sprinkle with salt and pepper, and lightly sprinkle with Liquid Smoke . Cover tightly with foil; bake for 2 1/2 hours.
- While ribs are cooking in a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, ketchup, garlic, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring , over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in ginger. Remove from heat; let cool.
- When ribs are finished remove from oven and pan, and keep covered.
- Heat grill to medium. Brush with half of sauce, heat, covered, watch closely as not to burn, turning in about 5 minutes or when grill marks appear. Brush with remaining sauce. Grill, covered, until browned, about another 5 minutes per side. During last 2 minutes, place pineapple on grill. Grill about 1 minute per side.