So it is time to put your heads together and come up with a plan.Seriously, where's the truck? It's kind of like "Where's Waldo", but more interactive.
Guess they will have to turnover every shell, and look for clues in the most unlikely of places (like your
office as a great starting place).
Then it is game on, cause after you find that truck you are going to want some grub. So the question is, where exactly did I get today's recipes from?
They never thought to look in my backyard for the truck.... Seriously, these recipes might serve up quite well on any truck, or any backyard grill. No matter where they are, they may come from miles away to try these dishes.
- Soak 10-12 bamboo skewers in water for about 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Make the marinade by combining the ginger, olive oil, orange and lemon juice and a pinch of red chili flakes and salt.
- Peel the shrimp and place in the marinade for 5 minutes. Slice the mangoes into about 12 chunks each.
- Skewer the shrimp alternating with the mango on the skewers and grill or broil for 5 minutes, turning once, until completely pink.
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, bringing the broth to a simmer. Add the saffron, stir, and simmer until the saffron has bloomed, about 5 minutes.
- Return the heat to medium and bring the stock to a boil, then add the orzo and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the orzo and transfer to a large bowl. Add 3 Tbsp. olive oil, the parsley, half the lemon juice, 2 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. pepper. Combine thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On large rimmed baking sheet, toss shrimp, with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, paprika, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast until pink and cooked through and beginning to lightly brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to bowl to chill in refrigerator.
- In large bowl, whisk together remaining 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and honey, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss lettuce, mango and chilled shrimp in olive oil lemon juice mixture, divide among plates, and sprinkle with Parmesan.