Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 6 of My #H50 Recipe Journey

Wow it is day 6 of my recipe journey, my problem is not that I  would never have enough recipes to post.  The issue would be could I actually be able to find the words that could sustain a blog.  So far I have, guess we will just take it a day at a time. 


Well yes tomorrow is the Super Bowl and yes I am from New York and no I will not pick sides...... (use your imagination).  Today's choices I think go well together.  Game day and hot wings, but not any old wings, come on I am taking my Hawaii 5-0 journey.  Choice for picture was easy came from season one Kings game day with my 2 favorite quarterbacks hanging out.   Of course let us not forget our favorite little monkey wanting her nachos.  So for this recipe I added a taste of the islands, friends, family, I guess ohana, so I hope you can enjoy these any time of the year!  


King Ohana Wings



1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, with juice
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
25-30 Chicken Wings
Salt
Pepper

1      1) In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, celery salt and ginger. Combine the pineapple, water onion, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, orange peel and hot pepper sauce. Gradually stir into brown sugar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.  Then set aside. 

    2) Preheat the grill. Season the chicken wings liberally with salt and pepper and grill over medium high heat until 1/2 way done, about 7 -10 minutes. Turn regularly so as to not burn the skin. Move the wings to a cooler section of the grill and start to lightly brush the glaze onto one side of the wings.

            3) Cover the grill and allow to cook for about 3-5 minutes. Flip the wings and repeat the process. Continue this process until the wings are cooked through. By the time the wings are done you should have applied the glaze at least 3-4 times on each side. This gradual building up of the glaze will leave you with beautifully lacquered wings that look as good as they taste. Remove them to a platter and serve with plenty of napkins and wet-wipes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for any other informative site. Where else could I am getting that kind of information written in such a perfect way? I have a project that I'm simply now running on, and I have been on the look out for such info.
    Bosch GLL2-50 Self-Leveling Crossline Laser with Pulse

    ReplyDelete