It has been one hell of a week so far, you get back from reserve duty, your partner/friend (for some reason you guys have issues admitting this) turned your home into a college dorm room. Yeah lets not forget his attempt at cooking that smoked out the place, and yeah he did let the dog sleep in your bed. So when it comes to rising stress levels, you may have it in boat loads.
You are Steve McGarrett, and of course we need to throw a murder into the mix and nothing straight forward, Hawaiian warriors, and and old friend happens to be there as well. All said and done a boss needs to do what he has to for his team, his friends, his ohana.
So Steve sit back and think what exactly can you do for you guys to show them you care? No can't be a healthy treat this has to be decadent, chocolaty, scrumptious, amazing to look at, gratifying when it touches the palate, a luxurious texture, creamy, basically an orgasmic experience. So Navy Seal this is a challenge that is so suited to you, more than you realize. No worries, I can hook you up with a recipe, that can make you look good.
Today it is a twist on the classic tiramisu, just taste this powerfully chocolate tiramisu and you will forsake all your self-control.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Stir together coffee liqueur and coffee. Coarsely chop 4 oz chocolate. Microwave coarsely chopped chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- Whisk in 2 cups sugar and eggs, whisking until blended; stir in flour, stirring just until blended. Spoon batter into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven, and cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Pierce brownie multiple times using the tines of a fork. Pour coffee mixture over brownie. Let cool on wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup sugar, mascarpone cheese, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture.
- Crumble half of brownies, and divide evenly among 6 (8-oz.) glasses. Spoon half of mascarpone cheese mixture over brownies. Repeat procedure with remaining brownies and mascarpone cheese mixture.
- Chop remaining chocolate into thin shreds. Sprinkle chocolate and pecans over mascarpone cheese mixture.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 24 hours.