Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Hour Friday

                                              TGIF people another week has gone by and the weekend is upon us again we so need to kick back and relax, not sure about you but I know I do.  Now the great thing about Hawaii is the weather, the beaches, oh lets face it it is about perfect.  New York right now cold and damp, I am definitely in need of a change with that in mind  Hau'oli n Hola (Happy Hour).  With that in mind this week I am thinking all we need are some cervezas, and a fire pit for some grilling some food.  




 Now we all know that our boy Danno can start a fire , I am hoping he does not need the frittata in order to get the flame going cause I may have some problems.                                        
                                                                  
Then again there should be no worries if the fire should get out of control cause, our Commander McGarrett he is also part fireman(okay he owns an extinguisher) and can handle the situation for us.  

Never fear though I think Gracie can figure out building the rock enclosure for our pit so we should be golden, and Gabby giving a little supervision.  


Tell you guys what I'll do I so need some beach relaxation so I am heading over and contributing the one of the dishes for the night.  What anyone else is bringing for the grill will be a surprise.   


                    Pina Colada Shrimp

1-1/4 med/large shrimp (approx 36 peeled and deveined)
1 cup coconut milk
 juice from 3 limes
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup rum
2tbsp fresh minced cilantro
salt and pepper to taste




  1. In a bowl combine all the ingredients then toss in shrimp, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour no more than 4 hours.  (If shrimp sits longer the lime juice will start to  cook it)
  2. Remove shrimp place on skewers, cook shrimp on prepared grill about 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.



Though I do have to wonder if it will pass the Kamekona test, he is a man who knows his shrimp....  But the grill is open and anything goes maybe some sliders, have to say even a good flank steak would be real nice.  Did I mention we need a few cervezas? Lets have some fun!!





No comments:

Post a Comment